POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users : Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users Server Time
14 May 2024 04:01:37 EDT (-0400)
  Help guide me: AutoCAD2POV users/potential users
From: cadman
Date: 1 Jan 2002 16:52:55
Message: <3c322fb7$1@news.povray.org>
Two or three questions for you to help guide me with the next version of
AutoCAD2POV:

1)    When exporting solid models:  A very good mesh representation with
more modeling options (i.e. fillets, chamfers, etc of solid objects) or
actual solid models (union { sphere { xxx } box { xxx } })?

2)    A separate parser, as it is now, or an interface integrated within
AutoCAD itself, perhaps with a GUI extension to POV?

3)    Any requests?

Thanks much for your input, it will help me GREATLY in guiding the next
release.  I hope it will be a big improvement, be easier and more powerful,
all that good stuff.  I'm very pleased with the response I've gotten
thusfar.  Feel free to reply to my email or to the group.